FLEUR DE MOI

FleurDeMoi

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Keeping Up With Resolutions: June 2012

This month has been a crazy month for me when it comes to work. My work schedule has kept me from doing almost every time in life (seeing friends, sleeping, showering, etc) so I knew that when it came time to sit down and write this months resolution review that it would be rough.

Read a book every month:
I started reading Bethenny Frankel's Place of Yes which I'm borderline embarrassed to admit but I have admitted that I love Bethenny in the past soooooooo.......
Not sure if I'll continue reading the book but it seems interesting enough.

Learn a new art form/technique:
I barely had enough time to shower properly this month.....so this resolution mos def fell to the way side

If I must eat a pizza, only one a month:
Let's just call his a "Fail" by questionable doubt.
I honestly can't remember if I ate enough to equal a whole medium size pizza but I have a feeling a did..... and may have even gone over.
We constantly have pizza delivered to set as "2nd meal" (this normally happens about 12-13 hours into the work day) and it's fairly hard to resist.
Also, we wrapped one of the lead actors for the movie and had some AMAZING pizza....and champagne. Oh yeah, film crews are classy people.

Eat more leafy greens:
I'm just gonna give myself a "C+" and call it a day with this one. I know I ate a good deal of salads this month but not as much as I think I should. 

Cook/bake 2-3 new recipes a month:
FAILED! I think the only times I entered my kitchen this month was to open wine bottles and eat way to much cheese.

Keep in better contact with my Mother's friends:
I don't want to give myself to much credit for keeping up with this one as it's to similiar to what I did last month. I didn't want to "fail" at this resolution so last minute I sent my mother's friend flowers.

Travel to at least 2-3 new (to me) cities in the US by the end of the year:
Next month is going to be the month where I complete this one, I swear!

Ok, so this month wasn't the best of the months. In fact, it could be said it's been my worst yet but honestly this month has been crazy with my work schedule and I have literally only had 5 days off.....so I'm not going to beat myself up over it when I barely have enough time to sleep.

Have you been able to keep up with your resolutions????

2 comments:

  1. Here and there-- I'm horrible at staying consistent with resolutions! :) You could always add spinach to your pizza and call it a happy balance- haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it helped me, "say yes!" But I actually enjoyed Bethenny's book. It was interesting to read about her relationship with her parents and history with men!

    ReplyDelete