FLEUR DE MOI

FleurDeMoi

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Recipe: Beet Grilled Cheese

I'm a HUGE fan of beets and a even bigger fan of goat cheese so combining the two seems like a perfect "given"
Here is what you need:
-2-3 medium size beets
-a few handfuls of arugula salad (or whichever salad you prefer)
-goat cheese
-bread (I use Rudi's gluten free bread)
-balsamic dressing
-butter (soy is A-OK!)
Start by pre-heating your oven to 375 degrees then throwing your beets in for about 40 minutes (this could change due to how new your oven is....mine is pretty booty). I have a better result with my beets when I wrap them in tin foil and throwing some olive oil on it.
Next toss your argula salad and balsamic dressing together. If you like the taste go heavy on the dressing as most of it will be absorb by the goat cheese.
Then butter your bread!
Throw everything together!
AND THEN grill away!
It's truly a AH-MAZING sandwich.
Not really a quick fix but if you have the time, TRY IT!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I just got beets a couple weeks ago but couldn't think of what to do with them. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete