FLEUR DE MOI

FleurDeMoi

Monday, April 30, 2012

Keeping Up With Resolutions: April

This month has been, in my opinion, a fairly successful one. Thinking back on it I was fairly surprised by the amount of stuff I crammed into one month! Much more noteworthy than last month.

Read a book every month:
COMPLETE! But sadly the book sucked. Mid-way through reading it I thought, "Crap, I'm going to post about this book at the end of the month and people will question my taste in books"
I read Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close.....for some reason I thought it was going to be like One Perfect Day: The Selling of the American Wedding by Rebecca Mead. 
Whatever. I read the book but wasn't happy with it. My bad.

Learn a new art form/technique:
I did paint this month but haven't moved onto the new art form. I have zoned in on what I want it to be though!

If I must eat pizza, only one a month:
Holy crap, this month was haaaaaard. I ate EXACTLY one medium pizza (combined) this month. Whew. Cut it close.

Eat more leafy greens:
SUCCESS! I give myself a "A" for this month. Not one day has gone by without me eating a salad of some kind. Currently I'm obsessed with Butter Lettuce or Arugula.

Cook/bake 2 new recipes a month:
CHECK!!! I made Blue Cheese Guacamole (which John loved), Grilled Corn, Avocado, and Tomato salad, Hummus Melts (which I tried with regular bread then with Portabellos), Roasted Cumin-Lime Carrots (I also tried the same recipe with asparagus), and John and I made up our own Jalapeno Popper recipe!!! I swear, the only reason I can justify wasting hours on pinterest is knowing I'll find some awesome recipes to try for my new years resolution.

Keep in better contact with my Mom's friends:
Yes!!! I mailed her a Easter card with some photos this month. PLUS, I already pre-ordered her something for May.....not sure if that's cheating or not. I'm going to pretend it's not.

Travel to 2-3 new (to me) cities in the US by the end of the year:
No new cities this month but I have done some hardcore planning for a road trip with some crew members of the film I'm currently on. It probably won't take place till early July.....but then again, I won't have much free time to do anything till July.

Have you been able to keep up with your resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Kudos on so much completed... Can't believe though that you eat greens every day... I can't stand leafy greens and have to force myself to eat those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on keeping up with your resolutions! I didn't make any this year because I almost never keep them lol plus I didn't have a good one!
    Oh and I also haaate when I'm reading a book and half-way through it realize it sucks :( always a lame situation!

    xx

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went out last weekend to this po-dunk little dive bar and saw a lady that resembled you. It was weird. She was being inappropriate and it made me laugh, lol.

    Hope that road trip includes Boston!

    ReplyDelete