FLEUR DE MOI

FleurDeMoi

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Moral Debate

Question:
Does anyone else have the constant moral debate within their minds when they see that the handicapped restroom is open on whether or not they should use it.
Part of me always thinks: "Well, what if I'm using it and someone comes in who REALLY needs it. There is only one room for them to pick from when I have more to pick from.
Then another part of me thinks: "Girl, you pee fast. No one is in here. Just treat yourself to a nice spaced pee break in this weird public restroom."
Truth be told, and maybe I'll burn in the bad samaritan hell for this, sometimes I do use it. Not all the time. But when I do, I can't help but feel guilty.
Does anyone else have this completely pointless debate within themselves?

11 comments:

  1. I only use it if it's the last stall open otherwise I feel too guilty. But I figure I can pee quickly and get out before someone who actually needs it comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope: In my mind having two toddlers in a stroller or shopping cart is a handicap. Especially if one of them needs to pee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use it too if all the other cubicles are full. I would feel terrible though if I came out and somebody was waiting. I've never actually considered how I would react to that before :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have that debate I generally use them if I'm loaded down with things. For the space. The debate I have is when I'm really tired and driver is waiting for me. Do I hurry across as a sign of that I appreciate them waiting? Or not

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope never, althoough that makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do all the time. But you know, I figure that a handicap person would rather wait in line than watch me pee my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use it if I have the pram with me, as I usually couldn't get in the regular bathroom with all the paraphernalia and there's no chance I'd be leaving my little one outside unattended!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the handicap bathroom isn't ONLY for handicap people, just like using the ramp instead of the stairs. I might feel fat, but not guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually use it. I've actually never come out to find someone waiting for it. I guess I'm just lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm slightly claustrophobic - not bad enough that I can't use the small stalls, but I've definitely used the handicap bathroom my fair share of times and I've never had anyone waiting to use it. I also use it when they're people waiting, because it moves the whole bathroom line along faster.

    ReplyDelete